The Bayport Public Library is pleased to make the White Pine Community Meeting Rooms available on a widespread and equitable basis for promoting the social and cultural well being of the community. Meeting rooms can be used for educational programs, group meetings, company training sessions, and for occasions like birthday parties and baby showers. In your scheduled meeting, you may want to look at the various ways in promoting your meeting/event, this could be in the form of Custom Water Bottles, that have your brand/logo on, it can help with promotion for your business. They are ideal if your company doesn’t have enough space to get all the staff together to discuss important changes, and you can even hire catering for business lunches from nearby restaurants if you want to make a lasting impression on your workforce.
The fact that a group is permitted to meet in the facility does not constitute an endorsement of the group’s beliefs, policies, or programs by the library
ROOM RATES AND HOURS
Hours – Meeting rooms are available for use (by advanced reservation) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Please call the Library at 651-275-4416 to make your reservation.
- Meeting Rooms are not available on major holidays including New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or New Year’s Eve.
- Reservations are requested at least one week in advance when possible but not more than one year.
- Scheduling is on a first-come, first-served basis through the library.
- At the time of the reservation, please include equipment needs and room preference.
- Long-term reservations, on a daily basis, will be considered on a four-consecutive-week basis.
Rental Fees, Effective 4/1/2018 – Billing will include set-up and take-down times.
- Regular work days:
– $25.00 per hour with a $50.00 minimum charge
- Saturdays and Sundays
– $40.00 per hour with a $80.00 minimum charge
- Rental fees will be waived for groups which meet all of the following criteria:
– Informative/educational meetings.
– Meetings, which are not for profit.
– Meetings held during library hours.- Meetings that meet the above criteria but are scheduled before and/or after opening hours will incur charges ($25.00 per hr) for those hours the library is not open.
- No Show Fee:
– $50.00 unless a cancellation has been verified the business day prior to the reserved date
– There is no charge for use of AV and sound equipment. Please discuss specific requests with staff when reserving the room.
Wi-Fi Internet Access in Room C
Overhead projectors and screens
Room C – 70″ HDTV mounted on wall and BluRay DVD player
Easels with whiteboard available – we do not supply flip charts or markers. However, if you do need any additional whiteboard supplies, then office monster has a good range.
- The renting party will be billed for the hours between the reserved starting time and the time of check out and departure.
- The meeting room charges/policies may be waived at the discretion of the library director or Library Board.
- The above rates are subject to change without notice.
BAYPORT LIBRARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- There shall be no restrictions regarding religious, political, or business activities other than the group be lawful and not disturb other library functions in any way.
- The library reserves the right to deny or terminate the use of meeting rooms as a result of disorderly conduct or violation of rules. Groups or individuals that believe they have been unjustly denied use or wrongfully limited in their use of the meeting rooms and those who wish to petition for a waiver of rules stated in this policy, may present their arguments to the Library Board. To do so, contact the library director at least one month in advance of the date permission is desired.
- The library staff will be available for opening and closing the library building. Keys to the library building will not be available to meeting room clients.
- The library staff is available on an emergency basis only. In the event of an emergency, if the library is closed, please use the following emergency phone number: Jill Smith 651-295-6658
GROUP RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIABILITIES
- The responsible party will sign the logbook prior to obtaining access to the meeting room facilities again upon leaving, to verify departure time.
- Room arrangements and cleanup are the sole responsibility of the renting party. All facilities used must be left in a neat and orderly condition.
- Alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, and smoking are forbidden in the library building.
- A supervising adult is required to be present at all times for groups of children or young adults
- Music and dancing are allowed, but may not interfere with library services.
- Amplification must be minimal due to the residential neighborhood.
- Food may NOT be cooked in the building.
– Prepared food may be served by a caterer or group member.
– A refrigerator and freezer are available for use by groups.
– The library does not provide paper products (napkins, storage bags, plastic wrap, etc.).
The Bayport Public Library and the Library Board will hold meeting room clients responsible for damage to meeting rooms, equipment, and furnishings.
The Bayport Public Library may not be used as the address or headquarters for any group.
At check-in, clients will be asked to sign an agreement containing the following two paragraphs
“The client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Bayport Public Library, the City of Bayport, Library Board, and the library staff for any and all claims, damages, actions, suits, or loss whatsoever, brought or asserted by the clients or by any of its successors, assigns, licensees, invitees, pertaining to accidents, injuries, or loss of any kind occurring or alleged to have occurred on or about the premises during the course of the use of the premises by the clients.
The responsible party will be sent a bill for a total charge for the meeting room use. The client agrees to pay the bill promptly. If any bill remains unpaid more than thirty days after the library sends it may institute legal proceedings for collection of the same. In that event, the client agrees to pay all costs incurred by the library in connection with collections of the said amount, including a reasonable attorney’s fee, whether suit be brought or not.”
PARKING FOR MEETINGS
There is meeting room parking in front of the library building. It is a one-way street with parking allowed on both sides of the street. There is one parking spot that has a “One Hour Parking” sign beside it, which is the only spot for one hour parking. Parking is also available on 5th Street.
The small parking lot in the back of the library is reserved for library patrons, please do not park there. Thank you in advance for adhering to these guidelines.